Full payment is due at the time of booking to secure your date. Invoices are issued via email and you may pay by credit card, e-transfer (email@example.com) or cheque.
We will issue a 50% refund of your full payment if we receive written notice of your wedding cancellation at least six weeks before your wedding date (sent to firstname.lastname@example.org). No refunds will be given for weddings cancelled within six weeks of the wedding date. If you need to make a change to your wedding schedule, we will do our best to accommodate you, but cannot guarantee availability. In the rare case that we can not accommodate the change, please see our refund policy above.
You and your YH&M Officiant meet in person or on Skype to discuss what you would like your perfect wedding day ceremony to look like. This is a chance for the three of you to brainstorm ideas and get a good feel for what your day is going to look like. This consultation is usually held before you pay your deposit.
Your Custom Ceremony Includes:
- Processional and welcome
- Customized words about marriage and your love story
- Optional reading(s) of your choice
- Any additional creative elements you and officiant decide on
- Wedding vows written by you or provided by your officiant
- Optional ring exchange
- The signing of the marriage licence
- Pronouncement and recessional
A rehearsal is included in your package but is subject to availability, so it is a good idea to get it booked as soon as possible. Here your YH&M Officiant will go through your wedding ceremony with you so you have an all around idea of what to expect on the big day. We’ll work with you to set up a specific order of who is walking down the aisle when, where everyone is standing and facing, and what to do if your flower girl refuses to come down the aisle! We want you and your wedding party to feel as prepared and relaxed as possible. We’ll use this time to answer any of your questions and address all of your concerns.
Wedding Ceremony Timing
It’s game time! We aim to arrive at least 20 mins early and are on site for up to an hour. We help make sure your wedding starts on time and that everything goes as planned. Magic! Often our YH&M officiants have more than one wedding planned per day and need to keep a tight schedule. Please be respectful of this and start your wedding on time. Trust us, an on time wedding will keep everyone happy. Please let your officiant know via phone/text asap if you are running late. We will do our best to accommodate a late wedding but please know we cannot guarantee that we will be able to stick around to perform your ceremony. Should you be more than 15 minutes behind schedule, a fee of $50 will be invoiced for every 15-minute increment.
Officiant/Photographer’s travel fee is included unless otherwise specified with the Young Hip & Married office prior to booking.
Marriage Licence Information
You are in charge of picking up your marriage licence as YH&M is not legally able to do this. Please consult your provincial/state government website for instructions on exactly how and where to obtain your marriage licence. Please include, on a separate sheet of paper, the information requested on your marriage licence regarding both of your parents’ names and cities of birth when you bring your licence to your wedding rehearsal, as this information is needed in order to process your marriage licence.
This agreement allows us to use your photos in our social media/website/advertising. If you would prefer we don’t use them, please ask.
Young Hip & Married Money Back Guarantee
Young Hip & Married is so confident in our ability to offer the best ceremony EVER that we are happy to offer a money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the work of your officiant after the ceremony is completed, Young Hip & Married will issue you a refund. Here are some of the details:
- There are lots of moving parts when it comes to wedding ceremonies; music, in-laws, guest cell phones and so on. The Young Hip & Married Money Back Guarantee covers the work of your officiant only. We would love to offer a money back guarantee on all elements of your ceremony but unfortunately, some things (like crazy Aunt Ruth) are simply out of our control.
- Our Money Back Guaranteeonly applies after your officiant has performed your ceremony. Sorry, we do not offer the Money Back Guarantee before the ceremony has been performed.
- After your ceremony, your officiant will find you to say goodbye. In order to be eligible for the Money Back Guarantee you need to inform your officiant, in person, immediately after the ceremony that you were not completely satisfied (we’ll be sad, but we can take it). The officiant will then notify the office and you will be issued a full refund.